- Orange Flavored Jello - 1 3 1/2 oz. Box
- Orange or Mango Juice - 3/4 Cup
- Sponge Cake - 1 9" layer Sponge Cake (3/4" thick)
- Guava Jelly - 2 tbsp
- Diced Fruit - 3 cups diced Fruit (Mango, Pineapple, Mandarin Oranges,Papaya)
- Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding - 1 3 1/2 oz box Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Milk - 2 Cups
- Jamaican Rum - 1 tbsp
- Whipped Sweetened Cream or Whipped Topping - 2 Cups
In small bowl, dissolve Jello completely with 1 cup boiling water. Add orange or mango juice. Cool. Pour into glass dish and allow to set till solid, 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Spread guava jelly over sponge layer and place over set Jello.Cover cake with diced fruit, using any combination of the different fruit desired.
In small bowl, combine instant pudding with milk and rum and whisk thoroughly. Pour over diced fruit.Custard will firm up. Cover with whipped sweetened cream or whipped topping. Pipe decoratively with a star tip, if desired. Top with multicoloured sprinkles. Keep refridgerated till ready to serve.
HOW TO PREPARE THE SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM
8 ozs. Heavy Cream
¼ cup Icing Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Essence
In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat on high speed until thickened to a spreading consistency. DO NOT OVERBEAT OR YOU WILL END UP WITH BUTTER! Cover the top of trifle immediately.