Here is a filling, nutritious and satisfying dish that will please both the vegetarians and the meat-eaters. Either a main dish or a side dish to boost a meal, fresh vegetables are surrounded by a creamy and flavourful sauce.
Let's get to it then and be sure to comment what you think.
- 2 lbs Irish Potatoes
- 1 Carrot (med)
- 1 cup String Beans (sliced)
- 1 Red Sweet Pepper (small)
- 1 Onion (med)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- Celery Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Scrub potatoes. Peel thinly and slice
- Scrub carrot. Put into a large dice. Dice sweet pepper. Peel and chop onion. Mince garlic.
- In saucepan combine butter and flour. Allow butter to melt and flour to cook until bubbly.
- Add milk and whisk constantly until bubbles break surface. Add 1/2 tsp Salt, 2 dashes of Celery Salt and pepper sauce to white sauce.
- In a 13" by 9" baking dish, layer the potato slices with carrot, string beans, sweet pepper onion and garlic. Pour white sauce over the vegetables
- and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until bubbly and the top is browned. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
Serve hot. About 8 servings.